Adjusting to change can be challenging and sometimes, anxiety-provoking. These changes could include change of city, leaving home, career, marriage, retirement, and a child’s birth. Some changes might lead to extreme stress, anxiety, or depression and can disrupt everyday functioning. One might often experience grief while dealing with the loss that comes with change.
Therapy provides the following and much more:
- Provides a non-judgmental and compassionate space for exploring one’s distress around recent or past changes or life transitions
- Holds a safe space to vent and grieve the loss from change
- It identifies and works with self-beliefs and deep underlying fears that make it difficult for one to adapt to change
- Interventions that explore attachments to various relationships that make change extremely challenging
- Highlights healthy coping tools from one’s existing strengths to help adapt to the change