Break-ups are rough. It can leave one feeling empty with immense emotional pain, especially when it is not mutual. The lack of healthy closure in some relationships might lead to rumination and difficult emotions.
Therapy provides the following and much more:
- A non-judgmental and compassionate space to explore difficult emotions and gain new perspectives after a break-up
- Interventions that help in the healing process by exploring the impact that the relationship and its loss have caused
- A safe space to address any trauma (emotional/physical/sexual/financial abuse) that might have occurred
- A place to alter any self-defeating narratives that one might be telling themselves after a break-up
- Space to grieve the loss and gradually re-connect, when ready, with one’s world