Family problems might arise due to unmet needs, misunderstandings, disconnection, and neglect. They might also occur due to financial concerns, health issues, loss of a loved one, separation, and divorce. At times, distress comes up due to different world views and principles of each family member and the lack of acceptance and understanding. When a crucial part of one’s support system does not meet one’s expectations, it can give rise to painful experiences and emotions. One might experience any one or a combination of anxiety, guilt, disappointment, resentment, anger, and other challenging emotions.
Therapy provides the following and much more:
- A compassionate and non-judgmental space to talk about one’s over-whelming struggles.
- The building of a support system and a personal emotional tool-box that help in tolerating and overcoming distress.
- A place to dig deeper into the influence of the family dynamics on the individual
- Tools and techniques to identify one’s deeper fears and self-beliefs and alter them into more empowering ones
- A space that helps one explore their goals in life and work towards fulfilling these goals